The Polar V800 GPS Sports Watch with Heart Monitor is perfect for professional triathletes, runners, swimmers or even trainers. Its features will surely give the user the convenience of having everything tracked down – from speed, distance, route (courtesy of GPS) and most importantly, the heart rate.
The importance of tracking your heart rate as you do various activities such as running, swimming or biking is crucial since you don’t want to strain your heart muscles. You do want to sustain your heart rate and not overdo it. It is also important that the device you will be using will display accurate data. Tracking your heart rate while doing an activity will help you control the intensity of each routine and helps you see your progress as you reach your own goal.
Basic Features of the Polar V800
- Firmware update
- Date and weekday indicator
- Display texts in 13 languages
- Button lock
- Battery life: Up to 13 h training time, 50 h in GPS low power mode, 30 days in time mode with daily activity monitoring
- Rechargeable battery with custom USB cable
- Time of day (12/24h) with alarm and snooze
- Water resistant – 30m
- Measures every training session and 24/7 daily activity
- Helps you understand your training load and recovery need
- Tracks your speed, distance and route with integrated GPS
- Fully customizable sport profiles to get the most out of your training
- Supports multi-sport training with transition times
- Gives heart rate even in water with a comfortable dual-mode transmitter
- Allows you to plan and analyze your training with the free Polar Flow app and service
- Compatible with Polar Bluetooth® Smart running and cycling sensor
The Polar V800 with its scratch-resistant Gorilla glass lens will definitely withstand any vigorous activity and training. It has special features and multi-function that generally enhance the athlete’s training sessions. Athletes can set the V800 depending on the activity they are about to do.
When running, you can easily set laps, its integrated GPS can track your speed, distance and route, you can even set it to where you came from, making it easier for you to follow your own route or pre-route. It also has “Race Pace” feature which allows user to race against a set time and distance target. Your heart rate while running will be monitored via Bluetooth Smart Heart Rate strap for accuracy of the displayed result. .
It also has a “multisport mode” – you can either set it manually or automatically. The unit will be able to show accurate sport information and displays as you transit from different sport or leg of the event. There is an automatic Swim/Bike/Run option and a “Free Multisport” mode, allowing the user to further customize the unit according to the sport segments. A transition time will also be displayed. In addition, it will include the ability to accurately track your heart rate under water while worn with a compatible Polar heart rate strap.